LEARNING HOW TO LIVE IN MY OWN BROKENNESS.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

College, Piano, and Tuxedoes

So, today, school was whack as usual. But I feel I must explain some interesting things that happened after school.

First, I took my best friend Chris home. I will most likely blog about him in the near future. Then i went home and read some. Following after that I went to get a tux with my mom for prom. My mom wasnt feeling well so we got it done as quickly as possible. I'm wearing a Jean Yves Black Mirage Tux. It's gonna be amazing. I am going to prom by myself though. Which stinks, but what can you do? So we did that then went to Ross and TJ Maxx. I got some sweet shorts and sunglasses for cheap which i later got criticized for by Nick. But whatever. Then we came home and had dinner and me and my mom researched options for Liberty's academic majors and whatnot. After confirming my intentions about getting my major in Speech Communications, we researched Worship Studies major for a possible double major. Later, Jason comes and helps convince me not to make that mistake because the program isn't fully up to speed yet so yeah.

Then, we talked about scolarship options and SAT's and all that jive. As of late, i wanted to stop taking piano lessons in a sense, and just take music theory lessons because my theory is horrible. But I told Jason and he flipped, and went on a whole spiel about not giving up and doing the right thing for Liberty cuz I really want to try out for one of the worship teams at Liberty. I really dont know if I am skilled?...if thats the right word....or good enough to be on one of the teams. And if you havent figured out what I play, I play Piano. I've taken lessons for about 9 years now. I play and lead worship at my church from time to time. So yeah, he's once again convinced me to stay on track with the lessons.

And in closing, I think that even through all this criticism of the day, and the wierdness of my life, only one thing, and one thing only prevails in my life. And that's God.


Also, I am a huge Frank Peretti and MAJOR ted Dekker fan(Christian fiction authors) and have read many novels from both. But I encourage you to google the movie called House coming out this year. It was based on a book Co-written by both. It's gonna be freakin sweet. Check it out.

Signing off as....
Harry Peaks the "Pianokid"/"Pianofreek"

1 comment:

Eric A. Dye said...

Seek God.

If you seek God, consistently and honestly, I believe that God will put in your heart, what he wants you to do. His desire will become yours.

Do you know who told me that?

Laura.